Game week 9 was a mixed bag for managers, most captained player Lukaku failed to deliver while the most transferred in player Jesus was on the substitutes bench.
Otamendi and Harry Kane are the only members of this weeks dream team who are in the overall dream team.
- ROBERT ELLIOT (4.2). The keeper of the week was the most affordable goalkeeper in FPL. He managed to keep a clean sheet and collected a bonus point along the way. By now I think Elliot should be in most of our teams as the cheapest playing ‘keeper. SCORED 7 POINTS and is selected by 26.1% of managers.
- NICHOLAS OTAMENDI (5.9) He was the second best player of the week, he scored a goal, kept a clean sheet and scooped all the 3 bonus points on offer. It has been a well-known narrative since Pep’s arrival that you should not have a Guardiola defender in your side since his teams do not keep clean sheets, however, City have been in fine clean sheet keeping form having kept 6 clean sheets in 9 games. Otamendi has been in blistering form adding 2 goals and 5 bonus points to the said clean sheets. If you’ve been contemplating moving for this man, then I would recommend you having him. SCORED 15 POINTS and is selected by 18.3% of managers.
- VIRGIL VAN DIJK (5.4) The Dutch defender is back and has loudly announced himself to the fpl managers by giving a solid performance in helping his side keep a clean sheet against West Brom. He bagged all the bonus points on his way to making a debut in the dream team. Van Dijk has proven to be a consistent FPL defender in the past but considering how poor Southampton have been thus far having kept only 3 clean sheets, I’d recommend you keep the former Celtic man on your watch list and monitor him closely before purchasing him. HE SCORED 9 POINTS and is selected by 1.7% of managers.
- DEANDRE YEDLIN (4.4) Kept his First clean sheet since he won a starting place in game week 5. He was part of the week’s dream team for the first time this season thanks to his 2 bonus points and a clean sheet. Yedlin has always had the potential of being a good attacking wingback since when he joined the Premier League with Tottenham, thanks to his pace, he has however not lived up to his potential and you could get him as a rotation player since he is one of the cheapest starting defenders. HE SCORED 8 POINTS and is selected by 0.4% of managers.
- JUNIOR STANISLAS (5.9) what a game week for the Bournemouth offensive midfielder. This was the first game he made offensive contribution to his side and he did it in style by scoring a goal and providing an assist on his way to bagging all the bonus points and making a debut in the dream team. If King and Defoe continue being on the injury list, then Stanislas will be the main attacking outlet for Bournemouth and you can consider bringing him into your team. HE SCORED 13 POINTS and is selected by 0.2% of managers
- MESUT OEZIL (9.3) First start since game week 4. The German international opened this season’s account for both goals and assist by scoring his first goal and providing an assist. His goal, assist and 3 bonus points earned the Arsenal man a debut in the dream team. Arsenal have a mixed up set of fixtures coming up and you might want to hold on before making a decision to purchase the creative midfielder. HE SCORED 13 POINTS and is selected by 1.6% of managers.
- AARON RAMSEY (7.0) Aaron Ramsey scored and provided an assist to Sanchez’s goal. The box to box midfielder bagged 2 bonus points thanks to his solid performance against the Merseysiders at the Goodison Park earning him a debut in the dream team as well. Just like Mesut Oezil, his upcoming fixtures are mixed up and I’d recommend not acquiring him immediately. HE SCORED 12 POINTS and is selected by 4.1% of managers.
- PEDRO RODRIGUEZ LEDESMA (7.9)Pedro helped his team win all the three important points by giving an outstanding performance in their match against Watford. He scored his 2nd goal of the season and also provided 2nd assist this season while also earning 2 bonus points. Pedro has been quite frustrating in the past few weeks with game time seemingly not being guaranteed for him, he failed to start the last 2 games and only played pas the 74th minute for the first time this season so I would not recommend you drafting in Pedro as of now with Willian breathing down his neck for the starting berth. HE SCORED 12 POINTS and is selected by 1.9% of managers.
- HARRY KANE (12.7) PLAYER OF THE WEEK. Another solid performance by the Englishman tipped to be the world’s best striker in the near future. The English striker helped the North London side steam roll past Jürgen Klopps’s side at the Wembley. It was his first time finding the net at Wembley in the league and he did it by scoring a brace to effectively exorcise the Wembley hoodoo, he also scooped all the 3 bonus points thanks to his 2 goals and an assist. Kane, despite scoring only 4 times this season, is looking like a very essential fpl player this season and is a fixture proof player so you could get him despite his upcoming fixtures. HE SCORED 16 POINTS to come out the best player for the first time this season surprisingly, he is selected by 41.5% of managers.
- GLENN MURRAY (5.7) It was Glenn Murray’s first game scoring a goal this season and he did it in style by scoring 2 goals to help his side beat West ham by three goals to nil subsequently putting Bilic’s position as manager under extreme scrutiny. He was named man of the match while he also scooped all the 3 bonus points on his way to making his first appearance in the dream team. Murray was in fine form for Brighton in their campaign leading up to promotion into the premier league, he might have scored 2 goals and appears to be an uber differential but he only completed his first game of the season and has only started 3 games this season, he is still not providing evidence enough to buy him. HE SCORED 13 POINTS and is selected by 0.3% of managers.
- MICHY BATSHUAIYI (8.1) Michy was a super-sub in Chelsea’s win against Watford, coming off the bench to score 2 goals which earned his side all the 3 points. Batshuayi nicknamed Batman, delivered a performance which earned him all the 3 bonus points despite playing only 29 minutes. Batshuayi’s starting place is certainly not guaranteed with Alvaro Morata fit and you cannot guarantee that he’ll always come off the bench to produce a performance similar to this one, you should not buy Batshuayi for now. HE SCORED 12 POINTS and is selected by 1.0% of managers.